Co-authorship of Policies and Publications
The Technicians have contributed to building standards by working with architects and local authorities on soundfield planning, policy development, individual installations, integrations and cost-saving measures.
As a long-established charity in the field of deaf education, the Ewing Foundation has gained a reputation for sound advice and cutting-edge practice. Consultants and Technicians are often approached by editors and authors seeking to write publications relating to audiology and curriculum matters. They may contribute directly by writing sections themselves, act as a sounding board for the writing of others, or may collate and edit copy, and be involved through to the finished publication and marketing. Examples of collaborations include:
- Phonics Guidance www.ndcs.org.uk
- Look, Smile, Chat www.ndcs.org.uk
- Quality Standards documents – Bone-anchored hearing aids; Use of personal radio aids www.ndcs.org.uk
- NDCS audiology publications – Hearing aids; radio aids www.ndcs.org.uk
- BATOD magazine https://www.batod.org.uk/information-category/publications/magazine/
A recent collaboration has been with the UK Children’s FM Working Group in association with the NDCS. Both content and editorial have been shaped by our involvement, resulting in the revision of Quality Standards for the use of personal radio aids. Download a copy of Quality Standards Radio Aids 2017 Edition here. The complementary Good Practice Guide is available here.