Accessing speech and environmental sounds is crucial for the development of natural spoken language and good communication. Technological advances in the past twenty years have been wide ranging but can only be as effective as the skills of those using them.
We can provide training and support in diverse settings to help improve your confidence in:
- working with pupils using a variety of personal hearing instruments
- making best use of soundfield systems
- using personal radio aid systems
- incorporating a variety of ICT equipment in teaching and learning
- carrying out routine checks and maintenance procedures
- recognising the impact of the listening environment on outcomes
Several services for hearing impaired children have received training to fully understand the changes in protocols for regular electro-acoustic testing and setting up radio aid systems.
These procedures ensure that equipment is managed effectively and pupils receive benefit from the full potential of digital signal processing (DSP) technology, thus maximising the opportunities for inclusion in mainstream classes.